Sustainable Family Awards - And the winner is ...
Hooray, today we are publishing our first blog post! We've wanted this for a long time, a blog, but what do you write about? Well, last night we received some fantastic news, so now we have something to tell you. Last night, the Sustainable Family Awards were presented. And not only were we nominated, but we won 2 (yes, you read that correctly, two!) awards. As clothing brand and as children's clothing brand. And because we find sustainability very important, we want to shout it from the rooftops.
The Sustainable Family Awards are an initiative of Sustainable Family. With these awards, Sustainable Family wants to put sustainable brands from Belgium and The Netherlands in the spotlight. There were 20 categories, in which the public could not only vote, but also nominate organizations. We were nominated in two categories: clothing brand and children's clothing brand, and yesterday evening, we won 2 awards. And we are so happy with that! We were very proud to be among the finalists and had secretly hoped for 1 award, but this goes beyond our wildest dreams.
Sustainability is very important to us. From the beginning, we have stood for conscious fashion, with respect for the planet and the people who make our clothes.
- We consistently use sustainable materials: organic cotton (96% of the cotton for this Spring-Summer collection is organic, for the Fall-Winter collection 2021 it is even 100%), recycled polyester, and ecovero and tencel as sustainable alternatives to viscose.
- We resolutely choose GOTS-certified suppliers. The GOTS label is an international label for organic fibres that guarantees environmentally and socially responsible production. Five of our six suppliers are GOTS certified. For this Spring-Summer collection, over 96% of the collection was made by a GOTS supplier.
- Not only are our suppliers GOTS certified, we ourselves are GOTS certified.
- As a conscious brand, we encourage our customers to think and live consciously and sustainably, to consume wisely. Under the motto 'Make Friday green again', we choose not to give discounts on Black Friday, but to donate those 'discounts' to Natuurpunt. In 2019, our contribution was used to plant extra forest, in 2020 it was used to make sitting logs for the outdoor class in nature reserve Het Hageven. This is how we make Black Friday green again.
- Flyers, catalogs, lookbooks, ... We do as much as possible digitally, and whenever that is not possible, we choose local partners and recycled paper.
As you can see, we are working very hard towards a greener fashion industry and a cleaner planet. These Awards are a fantastic recognition for our efforts. Thank you, all, for nominating us and voting for us. And thank you, Sustainable Family, for this wonderful initiative.
Curious to know who the other winners are? You can find the list of all winners here.