1. Who is responsible?
Boeltie BV is responsible for collecting, managing and processing the personal data that you shared with us. Our office is located at the following addresses:
Bunderlaan 15, 2960 Brecht
2. Why do we collect personal data?
We collect diverse types of personal data for different purposes.
We do this so that our (online) services are pleasurable and convenient. Your privacy is guaranteed. We secure your data in accordance with general standards that are commonplace in the industry. Whenever possible, we try to make your data anonymous or we apply special technical measures so that your data cannot be traced back to you.
In the following cases we will have to process your data in order to carry out our services properly:
- When this is necessary to deliver a service, e.g. as part of purchases and deliveries of orders via our online shops.
- When you shared your data with us and gave us permission to process your data, e.g. in the following cases:
- Registering on our websites and apps to simplify use
- Saving your settings to make using our services as pleasant as possible
- Subscribing to our email newsletters
- Membership in our online communities (social media channels)
- When legislation requires us to request and process your data.
- Sending offers via email or per post
- Marketing knowledge, improvement and optimisation of our services
- Targeted marketing campaigns and/or collaborations with third parties to develop actions that suit your interests
- First name and surname
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Payment data
- National number (in Belgium)
- Clothing and shoe size
- Colour & size of products you purchased
- Preferred branch store
- Data concerning the members of your family
- Information about your online activities on our service
- IP address
- domains of other sites that you visited to arrive at our websites
- information related to pages that you visit on our websites, such as
- The browser you used and the version
- Visiting our websites becomes easier
- You do not have to enter or receive the same information every time you visit our online shop
- We can offer you functions like a shopping cart
- We can analyse how our online shop is used and where improvements can be made
- We can provide an online shopping experience that is more relevant to you due to ‘personalisation’ techniques such as product recommendations and showing/hiding certain blocks or items on the website
- Ads reflect your needs and interests and we prevent you from seeing a certain ad too often
- A notification appears when an order is not complete so that you don't lose the items in the shopping basket
- Browser settings are saved so that you can view our websites perfectly on your desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device
- Login data are saved so that you do not have to enter them each time
- The websites are loaded smoothly so they remain functional and accessible
- Tracing possible misuse or possible problems on our websites (successive failed login attempts are registered)
- The IP address is made anonymous
- Technical characteristics like the browser that you use and the resolution of your computer, tablet or mobile screen
- How you got to our website (via which page)
- When and how long you visit or use our website
- Whether you use our functions (placing an order)
- Which pages you visit in our online shop
Depending on what you share with us, we can use the personal data for the following purposes:
3. Which personal data do we collect and what are they used for?
Depending on what you share with us, we can store and process the following personal data:
○ Postal code
○ House number
These personal data are processed, stored and used in different places within Lily-Balou to perform our services optimally.
On our websites
We also need a number of personal data when shopping online on our websites.
Please note that we use a secure SSL connection when you place an order on our websites. We register the colour and size of your order so we can ship the correct product and for marketing purposes. These two data are replaced with encrypted data (pseudonymised) and cannot be traced back to you when they are used for marketing purposes. Your name, (delivery) address and payment data are required for processing and delivering your order. We only ask your sex so we can address you personally. We use the date of birth to confirm that you are not a minor. If you granted permission, we use your date of birth to send you special birthday promotions or discounts on your birthday. We use your e-mail address and telephone number to inform you about the order you placed. If you gave us permission, we also send you a newsletter periodically via e-mail.
3.4. Via our social media channels
Our brands use various social media channels. We use these channels to connect to our customers and for diverse marketing purposes. We can see certain personal data on some social media channels. We use the following social media channels:
3.5. Via our Customer Service department
In most cases our Customer Service department is contacted regarding questions, complaints, payments and/or returns of previous purchases. If you contact our Customer Service department, we ask you to share some personal data with us. Depending on the question, we can ask for more information about your purchase and/or order than is mentioned in point 3, such as a receipt or order number.
To be able to serve you better, the information regarding your purchase and/or order is needed to look up your data. In the event of a reimbursement or return, we need your name and bank account number. We register your e-mail address and/or telephone number so that we can contact you about your question, complaint, order and/or return. We can also use these data later to check whether you are satisfied with the help you received from our Customer Service department.
3.6. At our headquarters
If you use our websites then the processing will take place within our headquarter, which is listed under point 1 above.
We may exchange your personal data between our headquarters because a number of internal processes are integrated. We share these personal data via secured channels so your privacy is guaranteed.
4. Automatically collected data
We automatically collect data when you use our websites and social media channels. If you use one of these (online) services then we can store data that may be traced back to you directly, namely:
○ Duration of your visit
○ Pages visited on our online shops and apps
○ Information regarding the use of visited pages
We use the IP address to determine the number of visitors. We use the other data to improve and optimise our service.
5. How do we protect your personal data?
We cannot reveal how exactly we protect your personal data in order to avoid abuse or targeted attacks. We implement suitable technical and organisational measures that fulfil the present state of technology to protect your personal data.
6. Sharing with service providers and third parties
We are bound by Belgian legislation with regard to sharing personal data with service providers and third parties.
We share your data with third parties who play a role in executing our service, for example those who process and deliver your online orders. We can also exchange your data with other parties who we call in to improve our services and our marketing activities. Thanks to data processing agreements with these parties, we can ensure the safety of your personal data. We treat all the personal data that we receive confidentially and with the greatest care. We will only share with our partners the personal data that are required for the service and/or marketing objective. We make your data anonymous so that they cannot be traced back to you and the data exchanges only take place via secure channels. We guarantee your privacy.
7. Expiration date and inspection
Your personal data have an expiration date. We automatically delete the data after seven years unless you give us permission to keep and use these data once again or unless we are legally required to store the data longer. Once you have shared data with us, you have the right to access, alter, transmit or delete these data at any time if the law allows it. If you file this request with us, we will try to realise it within one month of receiving the request. We will contact you if this is not feasible and extend this period by maximum one extra month.
You retain the right at all times to gain access to the data that we have collected about you (right to access). You can improve this data, add to it (right to rectification) or delete it (right to be forgotten). You can request a data processing limit or protest automated decisions. If desired, you can request that your data be transferred to a third party (right to data portability). Moreover, you have the right to withdraw your permission at all times.
Finally, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authorities if you believe that we are not dealing with your data carefully enough. For the Netherlands you can lodge a complaint the Privacy Commission.
9. Amending personal data
If you decide to utilise your abovementioned right(s), you can do this via our website or email@example.com. If you encounter problems (for example you cannot access your data or you cannot change them), please submit a request to our Customer Service department via firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate what you want to do with your personal data.
If you subscribed to our newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time. The ‘unsubscribe’ button is at the bottom of the newsletter. Click on the button to unsubscribe. You will no longer receive our newsletter unless you resubscribe.
10. Parental consent
We are only permitted to process the personal data of minors after we have received consent from the parent or guardian. If we discover that the personal data of minors are being processed, we will delete these data within one month of discovery unless we are legally required to store these data.
11.1. What are cookies?
In general, cookies have an expiration date and are automatically deleted when they are no longer valid. Some cookies are deleted immediately after the session, while other cookies are saved on your computer for longer.
By using cookies and other techniques we ensure that:
11.2. What kind of cookies do we use?
There are required, functional and analytical cookies as well as advertising and social media cookies. You can indicate whether you only want to use required cookies or the other types too.
11.2.1. Required cookies
These cookies are necessary in order to offer a functioning online shop. They help you navigate and search the website. These are cookies that are only saved during a specific visit. These cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser.
11.2.2. Functional and analytical cookies
Functional cookies ensure that our online shop functions correctly. We collect statistics from website users with analytical cookies. By measuring website use, we can continue to improve and optimise our websites.
Examples of functional cookies in our online shops:
Examples of analytical cookies on our websites: